Sunday, June 8, 2008

June 7th - Great Wall


For those that have BTDT, you understand what I am talking about, this is one of the most fantastic sites that I have ever seen. I could not have imagined the height and distance of this monument unless I had been there. What a spectacular feature. My climbing buddy, Sarah and I climbed up to the last stairway to the top and I could not go anymore. Then we decended, what a trip!!! Micaeala and Daddy made it to the place where we got our hero card picture taken as a family of three, soon to be family of four. One more day and we have our son. Micaela has been waking up around 4:30 every morning, so we have to take a nap in the afternoon and after the Great Wall, I could have used a nap! Sarah is a little girl that her parents are here adopting a little boy also from AAI and they are going to a different province to receive him. So we were together in Beijing and then parted, we will see her again in Guangzhou. She is from China also and her dream was to climb the Great Wall so we did.

No comments: